How Much Sea Moss Is Too Much? Sea Moss Right Dosage Explained
Reviewed by registered dietitian nutritionist Mariya Pastukhova, bachelor of science in nutrition and dietetics, New York, US
ea moss has recently popped up as a new trendy superfood that allegedly treats anything and helps everyone. Its rich nutritional content impresses and leaves no doubt about sea moss’ powerful impact on health. Still, as with all supplements, even the ones claimed to be side-effects-free, you have to develop a sense of caution.
To benefit from Irish sea moss, you want to stay reasonable and consistent. In this article, we answer the most popular questions we receive on social media, which are: can you take sea moss everyday and how much sea moss is too much? Sit tight and let’s delve right in!
What are sea moss vitamins?
First and foremost, if you are only starting with your sea moss and want to learn more about this supplement, this section is for you. Irish sea moss is one of numerous species of Red algae. Its scientific name is Chondrus crispus and it boasts a whopping number of nutrients, among which are trace minerals, Omega fatty acids, essential and non-essential amino acids, antioxidants, prebiotics, and polysaccharides.
You will be beyond interested to read the real case studies True Sea Moss team stored for you in the Case Studies section — our customers tell how sea moss turned their lives topsy-turvy. Watch it on our YouTube and get inspired!
Forms of sea moss supplements
That being said, you have many choices when it comes to sticking to sea moss. Here are the options available in our shop:
- Sea moss gel — flavored or unflavored, it hits the spot when you seek what to add to your smoothie or need a healthy snack.
- Sea moss pills and gummies — ideal for a trip, easy to take, and easy to store.
- Sea moss powder — take it with you to the office or wherever you go to mix with your favorite tea or coffee drink.
- Raw sea moss — blend your own gel, make your DIY gummies, or cut it into cubes to add to garnish your salad.
- Dry sea moss — with its long shelf-life, you can store it for long, and then soak it in the water overnight to use as the above-described raw sea moss.
Irish moss gel is the hallmark of our company. We are proud of its all-natural content, zero artificial additives, and diet-friendly properties.
How much sea moss to take daily?
Answering the “how much sea moss to take daily” question right off the bat, your safe dose of sea moss gel (the most popular sea moss product) is two tablespoons distributed per day.
The best way to identify the ideal dose is to grab your wondrous seaweed jar, find the label, and see what it says about the sea moss dosage! You can never be too careful — consult your healthcare provider before sticking to sea moss.
- Rare to never under the weather. Vitamins A, E, and C consolidate your immunity and make you highly resistant to viruses.
- Solid gut health. Omega fatty acids along with the antioxidants soothe your mucous membrane, easing off inflammation(1). Sea moss also has a significant prebiotic effect on your guts!(2)
- Clean and shiny skin. The dense antioxidant content (3) (retinol, vitamin E, and C) makes your skin glowy, while also helping it reach flawlessness.
- Inexhaustible energy. By nourishing your entire body with all the necessary vitamins, sea moss will help you increase your energy levels, fostering cheerfulness and motivation in you.
- Deep sleep. Rich in amino acids like GABA(4), glycine, taurine, and tyrosine, Chondrus crispus supplements taken before sleep may help fight insomnia and accomplish restful, deeper sleep.
Is the sea moss overdose possible?
If you wonder whether sea moss overdose is a possible case, you shouldn’t think of this alga as a superfood, but as a powerhouse of nutrients. What will happen if you take too much iodine? Phosphorus? Iron?
Every nutrient of sea moss taken too much will cause unpleasant side effects. But you shouldn’t worry as soon as you adhere to what the instructions on the label say! After all, the difference between poison and medicine is in the dose, they say.
What will happen if you eat too much sea moss?
There are people who have been taking Red algae supplements for decades without skipping a day (We were lucky to interview a few of them!). Some of them were using sea moss before the right dosage was even identified, and they had to put their health at stake.
“This is a super powerful healing food. It's a super powerful detoxifier. And you don't need a lot. You just need a tiny little bit to get the maximum effect.”
Too much sea moss might be uneasy on your stomach. Additionally, it may lead to an overdose of some minerals, such as copper, iron, and iodine. We strongly recommend staying behind the line of 2 tablespoons a day.
Irish sea moss is a powerful new superfood found in oceans all over the globe.
It is a powerful friend to your inner and outer health. It consolidates your immunity and guts, improves your skin, energy, and sleep, and brings a lot more benefits.
The recommended dose, assessed by nutritionists, is 2 tablespoons a day — or as prescribed on the product’s label. You shouldn’t take more than two tablespoons a day, as it may cause tummy discomfort.
Choose your ideal sea moss supplements in our shop, visit our YouTube, and join our huge family on Instagram to learn news about the magnificent sea moss every day!
1. Liu J, Kandasamy S, Zhang J, Kirby CW, Karakach T, Hafting J, Critchley AT, Evans F, Prithiviraj B. Prebiotic effects of diet supplemented with the cultivated red seaweed Chondrus crispus or with fructo-oligo-saccharide on host immunity, colonic microbiota and gut microbial metabolites. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015 Aug 14;15:279. doi: 10.1186/s12906-015-0802-5. PMID: 26271359; PMCID: PMC4535385.
2. Huang TH, Wang PW, Yang SC, Chou WL, Fang JY. Cosmetic and Therapeutic Applications of Fish Oil's Fatty Acids on the Skin. Mar Drugs. 2018 Jul 30;16(8):256. doi: 10.3390/md16080256. PMID: 30061538; PMCID: PMC6117694.
3. Gottesmann C. GABA mechanisms and sleep. Neuroscience. 2002;111(2):231-9. doi: 10.1016/s0306-4522(02)00034-9. PMID: 11983310.
Dive into Wellness with Genuine Sea Moss! 🌊
Design your ideal sea moss package and receive a 20% subscription discount. Discover a spectrum of tastes and subscribe to harness the continuous advantages of Sea Moss. Begin your wellness journey now! ❤️COOL, TASTE NOW
Want To Receive More Information?
Follow us to receive the latest update on our healthy experience